Alzheimer’s Disease: Patient-based forecast 2012-21.
By Daniel Chancellor, Lead Analyst
3 July 2014
I am a Lead Analyst covering the CNS and rare disease markets at Datamonitor Healthcare. I joined in early 2010, having ...
Read full bio
Around 330,000 patients with mild cognitive impairment or mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease will receive immunotherapies annually by 2021, allowing the treatment of this disease to reach an entirely new audience. This is just one catalyst contributing to the market value doubling in size over 2012-21. Datamonitor Healthcare has used a patient based approach to size the commercial potential of Alzheimer’s disease across the US, Japan and five major EU market.
How will our Alzheimer’s disease forecast report benefit you?
- Gain competitive insight
Access an in-depth patient based report that details individual drugs in each disease setting via sales values and patient value, allowing you to assess your product positioning against those with the highest commercial value.
- Prepare for market change
Understand how the growing treated population within the Alzheimer’s market will change due to a shift in the diagnosing timeline over the forecast period to establish where you should be targeting new product developments.
- Benchmark your product
Understand how two new emerging product classes, 5-HT6 receptor antagonists and alpha-7 nAChR agonists, will compete against and complement existing market products, to help benchmark your product against new emerging classes and identify where your product will fit within the new market.
- Identify investment opportunities
See how potential disease modifying therapies, such as solanezumab the one pipeline drug suited to treat early stage patients, perform in various stages of Alzheimer’s disease, to help you identify any unmet needs within the early stages of the disease.
Key questions answered
- How does the value of treating each stage of Alzheimer’s disease progress over the next decade and which factors are contributing to this?
- How will Pfizer/Eisai’s Aricept, formerly the highest selling brand in the market, perform with the emergence of generic competition?
- Which developmental products will emerge from the pipeline and what are their commercial potentials?
- How does the Alzheimer’s disease market differ in each major region and which events will influence their future direction?
|Drug List:||Companies Mentioned:|
Posted in Central Nervous System.