Asthma – Forecast.
By Natasha Spiller, Analyst
13 May 2014
I am an Analyst at Datamonitor Healthcare. After joining the company in 2012, I have produced analysis across a number o...
Read full bio
Biologics for asthma will counteract the genericization of the market and help to maintain its value. Datamonitor Healthcare has used a patient- based approach to size the asthma market opportunity across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) during 2012-21.
What do you get from this module?
- Overview of current and future asthma market dynamics allowing you to stay ahead of crucial events.
- Understand the factors influencing the initial decline in the market and how the market will retain its overall value in the years ahead.
- Access a forecast of key brands and pipeline products for asthma and understand their competitive positions.
Key questions answered
- Which factors will allow the market to maintain its value from 2012-21?
- How will GlaxoSmithKline’s Advair and AstraZeneca’s Symbicort perform following the emergence of generic competition?
- What is the market opportunity for pipeline biologics within the asthma market?