Asthma: Sizing the market during 2012-21.
By Natasha Spiller, Analyst
23 July 2014
I am an Analyst at Datamonitor Healthcare. After joining the company in 2012, I have produced analysis across a number o...
Read full bio
With six new products forecast to launch over the next 10 years, Datamonitor Healthcare estimates the asthma market to grow at a rate of 1.4% during the forecast period (2012–21). Biologics for asthma will counteract the genericization of the market and help to maintain its value. Datamonitor Healthcare has used a patient-based approach to size the market across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets during 2012–21.
How will our asthma forecast report benefit you?
- Prepare your market strategy
Understand the factors influencing the initial decline in the market and how the market will recover from this, enabling you to identify key market trends so you can prepare your market strategy.
- Identify investment opportunities
Analyze how the emergence of pipeline biologics and the entry of Breo will influence market growth and which of these has the most commercial potential, allowing you to identify how the market share will shift and where there is potential for more investment.
- Gain competitive insight
Access individual assumptions and forecasts for each drug covered, allowing you to compare them to each other and understand their competitive positions across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets.
Key questions answered
- What is the market opportunity for pipeline biologics within the asthma market?
- How will GlaxoSmithKline’s Advair and AstraZeneca’s Symbicort perform following the emergence of generic competition?
- How will Spiriva’s success in the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market translate to the asthma market?
- What key antagonist forces will affect regional growth, particularly in the US market?
|Drug List:||Companies Mentioned:|
Posted in Respiratory.