Depression – Pipeline.
By Daniel Chancellor, Lead Analyst
2 May 2014
I am a Lead Analyst covering the CNS and rare disease markets at Datamonitor Healthcare. I joined in early 2010, having ...
Read full bio
Recent regulatory approvals are depleting the late-stage pipeline for major depressive disorder (MDD), creating an even higher barrier to market entry for novel candidates to advance the treatment of depression. This module explores candidates in development for depression across the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK).
What do you get from this module?
- Gain an understanding of the key drugs in development for depression.
- Recognize the most relevant endpoints currently used in antidepressant clinical trials and the trial designs used to demonstrate superior performance over existing treatments.
- Explore innovative early stage approaches to stay ahead of the depression market.
- Identify future growth opportunities with a hypothesis of future treatments for depression.
Key questions answered
- What drugs are in late stage development for depression?
- How do pipeline drugs compare on key clinical and commercial metrics to their competitors already on the market?
- What are the most innovative early stage therapies for depression?
- Will the new R&D trends change the current treatment paradigm?
- What does the future hold for the treatment of depression?