Diabetes Analyst Webchat: Q/A Transcript.
View the full list of questions and answers below
Following our live Analyst webchat on LinkedIn last week focused on key developments across key pipeline and marketed diabetes treatments, we are happy to share the session highlights with you below with a transcript of the Q&A. Thank you to those who took part – we hope you found the insights valuable and look forward to further Q&A’s in the future. For those that missed out, don’t forget to join Datamonitor Healthcare on LinkedIn to stay updated to future events and analyst insight.
For your free Q&A transcript, please complete the short form on the right-side of the page, or sign-up to our Discussion Group, where a list of questions and answers is visible.
(All answers were provided by our Sebastian Heinzmann, one of our Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases Analysts.)
- How did Lilly’s data at ADA effect your opinion and outlook for dulaglutide? What’s the potential for this drug?
- What are your thoughts on market access for DPP-IV inhibitors and GLP-1 agonists in emerging markets?
- What would you say the potential for BI/Lilly’s new SGLT2 inhibitor, empagliflozin?
- Do you think the DPP-IV market is saturated or is there any room for new entrants? Will market growth stop due to GLP-1 agonists and SGLT2 inhibitors?
- Lilly said dulaglutide underwent rigorous safety testing. There are still lingering questions about the GLP-1 drug class. Can you give your thoughts on the safety question?
- Were you surprised by dulalgutide’s poor GI tolerance profile relative to Bydureon or albiglutide?
- Some of the data presented at ADA 2013 showed a GLP-1 with 2 years primary end-point efficacy vs DPP-4 and SU? Is this a new approach to demonstrating long-term efficacy?
- You mentioned the potential for novel fixed-dose combinations – any thoughts on dapagliflozin/saxagliptin or other DPP4/SGLT2 FDCs?
For your free Q&A transcript, please complete the short form on the right-side of the page.
(You can also sign-up to our Discussion Group, where a list of questions and answers is visible in the discussion feed.)