11 May 2016
Datamonitor Healthcare’s epidemiology analysis provides an overview of diabetes mellitus in China and examines the risk factors directly influencing the diabetes prevalence. The analysis includes both an estimate and forecast of total prevalence (diagnosed and undiagnosed) cases of type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus, across both rural and urban areas in China to 2030. Urban estimates are segmented further by tiers and the four largest urban agglomerations in China, enabling you to fully address the unabated diabetes epidemic.
Some of the key questions answered:
- How is the geographical distribution of type 1 and type 2 diabetes estimated to change?
- How are the patient populations of type 1 and type 2 diabetes forecasted to grow by 2030?
- How are the age-specific trends of prevalent diabetes cases forecasted up to 2030?
- What is the national, regional and city specific burden of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in China?
A methodology you can trust
At Datamonitor Healthcare, we pride ourselves on our transparent methodologies which are detailed throughout our analysis. The sources used in our epidemiology analysis of diabetes in China, included the latest national longitudinal survey data and United Nations population estimates.
Did you know that our data:
- are based on sources which have been critically appraised and are therefore validated for robustness
- have been forecasted using regression models, ensuring that historical trends are taken into account
- have been benchmarked against national and international publications to ensure reliability
What is the data segmented by?
- type of diabetes
- age (18 standard 5 year age groups)
- our proprietary tier system