Hepatitis C – Forecast.
By Michael Haydock, Lead Analyst
13 May 2014
I am the Lead Analyst of the immunology and inflammation and infectious diseases and vaccines teams at Datamonitor Healt...
Read full bio
The arrival of interferon-free regimens will prompt warehoused patients to begin treatment, driving huge market growth. Datamonitor Healthcare uses a patient-based approach to estimate the size of hepatitis C sales in the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK).
What do you get from this module?
- Gain an overview of the hepatitis C market from 2013−22.
- Examine sales trends of key marketed and pipeline drugs in the hepatitis C market.
- Explore shifts in treatment paradigms from 2013−22 for genotypes 1/2/3.
- Understand how the introduction of direct acting antivirals will impact treatment rates.
Key questions answered
- How will the value of the market in the US, Japan and five major EU markets change during 2013−2022?
- Which interferon-free regimens will be the most commercially successful and why?
- How will rival developers Gilead, AbbVie and Bristol-Myers Squibb price their oral regimens?
- What role will interferon play in future treatment?