Hepatitis C – Pipeline.
By Michael Haydock, Lead Analyst
23 May 2014
I am the Lead Analyst of the immunology and inflammation and infectious diseases and vaccines teams at Datamonitor Healt...
Read full bio
In anticipation of the shift towards an interferon-free treatment paradigm, the pipeline for hepatitis C is largely focused on all-oral combinations of protease inhibitors, NS5A inhibitors and NS5B inhibitors. This analysis reviews key pipeline products for hepatitis C, across the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)
What do you get from this module?
- Review key products in the pipeline for the treatment of hepatitis C in the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK).
- Inform your development strategy by discovering which patient subgroups are the focus of the most intense pipeline competition.
- Stay ahead of the market by exploring how pipeline products will transform treatment paradigms and alter physician expectations of new therapies
- Identify unmet needs through individual SWOT analysis of key pipeline products in phase three development.
Key questions answered
- What Phase III products are under development for the treatment of hepatitis C, and what are their clinical and commercial attributes?
- What unmet needs are addressed by late-stage interferon-free regimens?
- What factors will physicians consider when differentiating between oral regimens?
- How will AbbVie’s 3D regimen be positioned against Gilead’s sofosbuvir/ledipasvir combination?