HER2 – positive breast cancer – Forecast.
By Aine Slowey, Lead Analyst
13 May 2014
I am the Lead Analyst for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases at Datamonitor Healthcare. I have a DPhil in Organic Che...
Read full bio
Despite the launch of trastuzumab biosimilars, which are likely to actively compete with branded Herceptin in the US and five major EU markets, the total value of the HER2- positive breast cancer market will increase from 2013-22. Datamonitor Healthcare has assessed the current key brands and the future HER2 – positive breast cancer market across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK).
What do you get from this module?
- Gain an overview of the HER2 – positive breast cancer market from 2013-22.
- Explore current and future market dynamics of HER2 – positive breast cancer in the US, Japan, and five major EU markets.
- Compare the sales of three key pipeline drugs with currently marketed brands in the HER2 – positive breast cancer.
- Access an in-depth individual analysis of different formulations of key marketed drugs over the forecast period.
Key questions answered
- How will the value of the market in the US, Japan and five major EU markets change during 2013-2022?
- What impact will trastuzumab biosimilars have on the HER2-positive breast cancer market?
- What percentage of Herceptin sales will come from its subcutaneous formulation?
- Are pipeline therapies likely to compete with branded drugs in this market?