HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Forecast.
By Aine Slowey, Lead Analyst
6 December 2013
I am the Lead Analyst for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases at Datamonitor Healthcare. I have a DPhil in Organic Che...
Read full bio
This report assesses the current and future key brands in the HER2-positive breast cancer market across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK).
- The total value of the HER2-positive breast cancer market will increase slightly over the forecast period due to the increased uptake of branded drugs.
- This increase will occur despite the launch of trastuzumab biosimilars, which are likely to actively compete with branded Herceptin in the US and five major EU markets.
- Sales of pipeline drugs will be minimal in comparison to the sales of the currently marketed brands and trastuzumab biosimilars in the HER2-positive breast cancer market.
- The high incidence of HER2-positive breast cancer in the US will ensure that this market remains the most lucrative over the forecast period.
Features and benefits
- Provides a detailed understanding of changing market dynamics, with a focus on key branded and late stage pipeline products.
- Detailed Excel deliverable highlighting the number of patients in each country receiving marketed, pipeline, and biosimilar therapies at each line of treatment.
- Interactive Tableau dashboard allowing easy visualization of forecast sales and patient numbers.
Key questions answered
- What impact will trastuzumab biosimilars have on the HER2-positive breast cancer market?
- What percentage of Herceptin sales will come from its subcutaneous formulation?
- What is Kadcyla’s commercial potential in the HER2-positive breast cancer market?
- Are pipeline therapies likely to compete with branded drugs in this market?
|> Subscribe||> Demo|