IL-6 antagonists have greatest commercial potential in rheumatoid arthritis pipeline.
By Christina Vasiliou, Senior Analyst
9 October 2014
I joined Datamonitor Healthcare in early 2014, having completed an MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise at the University of C...
Read full bio
Datamonitor Healthcare has reviewed candidates in development for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets, highlighting key trends and assessing the clinical and commercial attributes of pipeline agents in the context of currently marketed products. With in-depth profiles and early-phase forecasts, Datamonitor Healthcare’s RA analysis provides a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and challenges throughout the pipeline.
Key opinion leaders interviewed by Datamonitor Healthcare are particularly optimistic about the potential of IL-6 and IL-17 inhibitors, as well as Janus kinase and spleen tyrosine kinase inhibitors. However, it remains to be seen whether these novel therapies could fit into an already crowded market.
How will our rheumatoid arthritis pipeline report benefit you?
- Identify early-phase opportunities
Access our exclusive interactive 20-year early-phase forecast model with clearly identified opportunities to assist in your decision-making.
- Prepare for future changes
Understand how and why the future of RA treatment will change.
- Minimize risk
Understand the impact that late-phase trial design has on labelling and learn lessons from recently discontinued development programs.
Key questions answered
- Which early-phase targets show promise according to leading rheumatologist opinion and how does this translate into commercial potential?
- What attributes are required for a new drug to successfully compete with currently marketed therapies?
- To what extent does clinical trial design impact the eventual drug labelling given to RA treatments?
- Which drugs have been recently discontinued and what factors contributed to these decisions?
Posted in Immunology and Inflammation.