Malignant Melanoma Pricing and Reimbursement.
By Tijana Ignjatovic, Lead Analyst
12 January 2015
I am a Lead Analyst for market access and strategy at Datamonitor Healthcare. My team covers a diverse range of topics r...
Read full bio
Prices of melanoma therapies, and oncology drugs on the whole, have become subject to closer scrutiny due to their high costs. Although Datamonitor Healthcare doesn’t currently anticipate any immediate impact on the pricing of melanoma therapies in the US, access has been more restricted in Europe.
Our new Malignant Melanoma Pricing and Reimbursement report looks through the market context, as well as delving into the US, Japan and five major EU markets pricing and reimbursement strategies with regards to melanoma therapies.
How will our Malignant Melanoma Pricing and Reimbursement report benefit you?
- Recognise future catalysts
Understand how the anticipated approval of combination treatment with Yervoy and Opdivo will affect manufacturers pricing arrangements
- Gain competitive edge
Identify which criteria manufacturers will need to fulfil to ensure preferential positioning in oncology pathways in the melanoma market
- Increase your chance of securing market access
Analyse how EU markets are restricting access to currently available melanoma treatments and what manufacturers which drugs in development will need to do to achieve market access in this indication
Key questions answered
- How are US payers managing utilization of melanoma medicines and how will this change with greater use of oncology pathways?
- What were the key success drivers or resistors of added benefit assessments in Europe?
- How do regional and local formularies affect the uptake of drugs in EU markets such as Italy and Spain?