Psoriasis: Sizing the market between 2013-22.
By Victoria Hudson, Senior Analyst
3 July 2014
I am the senior analyst for Datamonitor Healthcare’s cardiovascular and metabolic team, and cover everything from acut...
Read full bio
With key marketed drugs Enbrel and Humira facing an increasingly saturated market, growth is set to remain relatively flat through 2013-2021 in the psoriasis market. The anticipated launches of new pipeline therapies and biosimilars are expected to erode the patient share of the market’s traditional growth drivers.
Datamonitor Healthcare has used a patient-based approach to size the psoriasis market in the US, Japan and five major EU markets, focusing on systemic therapies.
How will our psoriasis forecast report benefit you?
- Increase commercial value
Discover how the launch of new pipeline treatments and the entry of biosimilars will see market share shifting away from leading therapies such as the TNF-alphas, Humira and Enbrel, and the impact this will have on Stelara, allowing you to benchmark your product against that with the highest commercial potential.
- Discover patient needs
Assess how new non-biologic oral therapies, such as Otezla and Xeljanz, will affect the unmet need within psoriasis for an oral therapy with a strong safety and efficacy profile, enabling you to identify what treatments are preferable to patients whilst still maintaining high commercial value.
- Identify investment opportunities
Explore how the combination of new pipeline launches, secukinumab, and entry of biosimilars, including adalimumab, etanercept, and infliximab,will result in relatively flat growth over the market period and saturate the market, allowing you to see where there is potential for growth and investment within the market.
Key questions answered:
- What impact will the number of high efficacy pipeline biologics such as secukinumab and the other IL -17 and IL-23 therapies under development have on the psoriasis market?
- What uptake is likely for the non-biologic oral therapies, Otezla and Xeljanz in psoriasis?
- With the market becoming increasingly saturated, what treatments are still growing in commercial value?
- Will the pipeline biologics reach the peak blockbuster sales of established therapies, Enbrel and Humira, considering the increasing level of competition in the market?
|Drug List:||Companies Mentioned:|
Posted in Immunology and Inflammation.