Schizophrenia: Sizing the commerical potential from 2012 to 2021.
By Natasha Spiller, Analyst
29 July 2014
I am an Analyst at Datamonitor Healthcare. After joining the company in 2012, I have produced analysis across a number o...
Read full bio
Numerous blockbuster antipsychotics including Zyprexa and Seroquel have now lost market exclusivity in the US. This has brought about an inevitable loss of market value; however, this decline will be dampened by the growth of the depot antipsychotic class. Datamonitor Healthcare has used a patient-based approach to size the commercial potential of schizophrenia across the US, Japan, and five major EU markets from 2012 to 2021.
How will our schizophrenia forecast report benefit you?
- Recognize market gaps
Understand how pipeline development failures such as bitopertin impact the market, allowing you to recognize gaps within the market and what your product must do to avoid similar failure.
- Market your product successfully
Explore why second-line treatment provides the greatest opportunity to derive market share, allowing you to understand which setting to market your product for.
- Identify investment opportunity
Recognize how the depot antipsychotic class will assist in compensating for some of the decline of the schizophrenia market, allowing you to ascertain which class holds the most potential for commercial success.
Key questions answered
- What are the main catalysts contributing to the market decline?
- What is the commercial potential for pipeline therapies and how will they compete in a crowded, genericized market?
- How will pricing pressures in Europe affect the value of the five major EU markets?
- What are the prospects for the Abilify franchise once market-leading oral Abilify loses its exclusivity in the US and EU?
|Drug List:||Companies Mentioned:|
Posted in Central Nervous System.