Melanoma: A Review of Pipeline Candidates.
By Aine Slowey, Lead Analyst
26 June 2014
I am the Lead Analyst for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases at Datamonitor Healthcare. I have a DPhil in Organic Che...
Read full bio
The approval of Yervoy and Zelboraf in 2011 for the treatment of melanoma has raised the bar for other treatments attempting to enter the melanoma market. However, the development of drug resistance, along with the fact that the incidence of melanoma is increasing faster than any other cancer in the world, provides opportunity for developers to enter this rapidly expanding market.
Datamonitor Healthcare has reviewed the candidates in development for melanoma across the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) enabling you to get a better grasp of your opportunities in the melanoma market.
What do you get from this report?
- Maximize the effectiveness of your strategy both now and in the future, by understanding the effect of pipeline candidates such as nivolumab and pembrolizumab on current market leaders, such as Yervoy, allowing you to plan for future changes in market dynamics.
- Reduce your risks in the melanoma market through an understanding of the challenges which currently face novel therapeutics, as well as an overview of the recent pipeline failures, including Allovectin and MAGE-A3, ensuring you deal with potential threats effectively.
- Increase your drugs likelihood of success during clinical development with an in-depth exploration into clinical trial design, allowing you to consider the increased importance of appropriate patient identification and the shift towards personalized therapies in the treatment of melanoma.
- Stay ahead of the competition, with insight into the future of melanoma treatment, such as the predicted increase in focus towards immunotherapies, enabling you to identify and optimize remaining unmet needs in this market.
Key questions answered
- What is the most clinically and commercially attractive drug in development for melanoma?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each pipeline therapy?
- Which clinical trials have contributed to the development of the pipeline drugs?
- How will the pipeline therapies compete with marketed drugs for the treatment of melanoma?
|Drug list:||Companies mentioned:|