Type 2 Diabetes – Forecast.
By Rajan Sharma, Senior Analyst
13 May 2014
I joined Datamonitor Healthcare in late in 2013 after completing a Masters in Pharmacology from the University of Oxford...
Read full bio
The increasing prevalence of type 2 diabetes and concomitant obesity will increase the usage of weight-neutral and weight-reducing therapies. Datamonitor Healthcare has identified key drivers in the growth of the type 2 diabetes market from 2013-22 in the US, Japan and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK).
What do you get from this module?
- Understand growth drivers in the type 2 diabetes market for each region.
- Access an in-depth overview of the type 2 diabetes market until 2022.
- Explore sale trends for type 2 diabetes brands across the US, Japan and five major EU markets.
- Examine patient number estimates for key brands.
Key questions answered
- Which drug class will experience the fastest growth in the type 2 diabetes market?
- What will be the most valuable treatment class by 2022?
- What will be the best selling GLP-1 agonist by 2022?
- How will the value of the blockbuster Lantus (insulin glargine; Sanofi) fare during the forecast period?